Using a weight loss chart or a weight tracker chart, you can keep track of your weight loss progress. You can download a weight loss goal chart and start using it to set your weight loss goals and always know where you stand. You can even customize the template to include other information you’d like to keep track of like your calorie intake, exercise time, and other measurements apart from your weight loss.
- 1 Weight Loss Charts
- 2 Tips for making a weight loss chart
- 3 Weight Tracker Charts
- 4 Weight Loss Spreadsheets
- 5 Using websites and apps to track your weight loss
- 6 The benefits of pairing your weight loss chart with a diet chart
- 7 Weight Loss Goal Charts
Weight Loss Charts
Tips for making a weight loss chart
Maintaining a healthy weight is important as this can improve your quality of life. If you’re planning to lose a couple of pounds to prevent health issues, you may want to start a weight loss chart to keep track of your progress. To meet your goals, you need to take your weight regularly and jot down the results in your weight loss spreadsheet.
Doing this prepares you for success in the long-run. If you want to have your own weight loss graph or chart, here are some tips to guide you:
Weigh yourself regularly
- According to studies, when you weigh yourself every day, this can help you maintain your weight loss goals. Doing this makes you accountable for your actions. However, if you have any eating disorder, it’s not a good idea to take your weight daily as this might cause unnecessary stress.
- If you don’t have the time to weigh yourself daily, at least do this once every week. This is also an effective method, especially if you feel more motivated when you see results and you tend to feel frustrated when you don’t.
- When you take your weight, do this at the same time each day or each week. It’s recommended to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom.
- Don’t consume anything before taking your weight and wear the same clothes each time. In fact, it’s best to weigh yourself without any clothes on if you want to have the most accurate number.
- Apart from not wearing any clothes, you should also purchase a high-quality weighing scale at the start of your weight loss journey. If you don’t want to purchase a scale, you can use the one at your gym. Of course, you’ll have to wear clothes when you weigh yourself at the gym!
- Step onto the weighing scale, stand tall, and check the value the digital weighing scale flashes after a couple of seconds.
- Make sure to record your weight on the weight tracker chart right away so that you don’t forget it. If you don’t have the chart on-hand, write the number down on a piece of paper and place it in your pocket for later.
Weight Tracker Charts
Create your own weight loss chart
- The easiest way to create a weight loss spreadsheet is through Microsoft Excel. Open a new document and type “date” on the first column on the top and “weight” on the second column. If you’ve already taken your weight before creating the chart, input the values right away.
- A chart with two columns is the simplest type of weight loss graph you can make. You can add other columns as needed if you want to record other information on your spreadsheet. If you don’t have Microsoft Excel on your computer or laptop, you can also use Google Sheets.
- The next thing to do is to create a line graph to keep track of your weight loss goals. Doing this can be very effective as you can have a visual look at your weight loss journey.
- Finally, you can customize your weight loss chart as much as you want to. This is one of the main advantages of creating your chart. You can add as many columns or rows as you want, especially if you want to record other measurements like your exercise times, mood, blood pressure, waist measurement, and others.
- After finalizing the chart, save the template on your computer so that you can open it each time you have new information to input. Remember to use this chart regularly to ensure that it’s up-to-date.
Download a weight loss goal chart
- If you don’t have the time (or the patience) to create your own weight loss goal chart, you can also download a ready template. This option is more convenient for a lot of people, especially for those who don’t know how to create templates or if you want a detailed chart which is free of errors.
- After downloading the template, save it in one of your folders. Then open the chart and check to see if it’s right for you. If it is, you can start using the chart and inputting your data into it. If you don’t want to use the chart digitally, print out the template and write down the information by hand.
- If you want to add any columns or rows into the template, feel free to do so. Then save the edited template under a different file name and start using it.
- Again, make sure to update the chart regularly, whether you plan to do this on paper or your computer. Each time you weigh yourself, input the date and your weight on the chart. Also, if you took any other measurements, input the values on the chart too.
Weight Loss Spreadsheets
Using websites and apps to track your weight loss
Apart from using a weight loss chart to keep track of your weight loss progress, you can also use websites or apps. There are plenty of options available which allow you to keep track of your weight along with other information like your calorie intake, mood, eating habits, and exercise.
These weight loss websites and apps also come with message boards, blog posts, forums, and other communal aspects wherein you can find motivation and support from the other users. The great thing about weight loss apps is that you can keep track of your weight right on your mobile phone.
Since you always bring your phone wherever you go, you can update the chart more accurately and frequently than if you use a printed or digital chart. But if you’re used to journals or you’re always on your computer anyway, using a weight loss chart works just as well.
The benefits of pairing your weight loss chart with a diet chart
If you want to maintain a fit body and a healthy weight, you must perform a lot of physical activities like exercises and other workout routines. If you’re overweight and your goal is to lose the extra weight, using a weight tracker chart will be highly beneficial for you.
Aside from this, you may also want to use a diet chart to keep track of your food intake, eating habits, and other details about your diet. Using these charts alongside each other makes it easier for you to see how well you’re doing and feel motivated by the progress you’re making.
A diet chart can help you control your calorie intake. When you specify all of your activities and your daily calorie intake, the chart gives you a better idea of the foods you should eat to keep yourself on track. If used properly, these charts give you an opportunity to start your weight loss journey and have a good chance of success.
Just like a weight loss chart, you can either create your own diet chart or download one and customize it. Make these charts part of your plans for when you want to start shedding that excess weight. Here are some benefits of using these charts hand-in-hand:
- Helps you reach your weight loss goals. This is the most important benefit of keeping a weight loss and a diet chart. They help you achieve the weight loss goals which you’ve set for yourself. Updating the charts regularly help you focus on your goal. As you see yourself progressing, you’ll feel more motivated to follow through until you’ve achieved a healthy weight.
- Helps you live a healthier lifestyle. In the diet chart, you only include healthy foods and in your weight loss spreadsheet, you input the values you get from weighing yourself regularly. All of the information on these charts allow you to start living a healthier lifestyle, especially when you update the documents frequently.
- Allows you to get balanced nutrition. The diet chart gives you a better idea of how to balance your nutrition properly. In doing this, you maintain the optimum functioning of your metabolism. As long as you stick with your diet plan, you’ll see the results in your weight loss graph.
- They’re extremely customizable. Diet and weight loss charts vary from one person to another. What you choose to place on these charts might differ from what other people might choose to place on their charts. The great thing about creating and maintaining these charts is that you can make them as simple or as comprehensive as you want them to be.
- You’ll learn more about the healthy food options. Finally, maintaining these charts allows you to learn more about healthier food options. This will go a long way on your weight loss journey which, in turn, allows you to live a healthier, happier life.