Many people readily present themselves to serve as volunteers for a worthy cause. Volunteering has a lot of benefits aside from the fact that it makes you feel good when you contribute to the society in some way. To become a potential volunteer, you need to complete a volunteer application template that contains information that shows how you can be of great help to an organization.
Volunteer Application Templates
The importance of volunteering
With so many responsibilities nowadays, it’s very difficult to find the time to become a volunteer. Being a volunteer has some enormous benefits. First of all, it offers you the opportunity to help those in need or pursue worthwhile causes for your community. In some ways, the benefits can be even more valuable.
Volunteering gives you the chance to meet new people, learn new skills, connect with your community, and even move forward in your career. Before volunteering, you need to fill up a volunteer application template. Then you can:
- Learn specialized skills to enhance the service you offer.
- Connect with your community.
- Help you reach out to new audiences.
- Transform members of your community into followers, followers into donors, then donors into staff aligned with the culture, mission, and perspective of the organization.
- Bring to the table fresh new ideas and more energy.
When you volunteer, it’s part of your mission to share with others. Doing this protects your physical and mental health. It also combats depression, reduces stress, gives you a sense of purpose, and keeps you mentally stimulated.
The more volunteer work you do, the more benefits you experience. But volunteering need not be a long-term commitment or take a huge chunk of your day. Doing volunteer work even in the simplest ways can help people in need and, at the same time, improve your own happiness and health.
It is a misconception that volunteering will take over your entire schedule. In fact, surveys conducted have shown that just 2 to 3 days a week allow you to experience the benefits. When filling up a volunteer forms template, only give an amount of time that makes you comfortable. You must feel like you’re having fun – not just doing a chore.
Volunteer Forms Templates
What to include in the volunteer application template?
To protect both the organization and the volunteers, the first step in the recruitment process of volunteers is to complete a volunteer application template. If you choose to create your own template, include the following in your volunteer paperwork:
- Your contact information including your address, email address, and phone number.
- Your date of birth.
- The name and contact number of your emergency contact.
- Any previous experiences or volunteer experiences relevant to the position you’re applying for.
- If any, a description or statement of any criminal offense you have committed.
- The highest level of education you have achieved.
- Your physical features.
- Your limitations (like if you have any disabilities).
- The languages that you speak.
- Details about your current organization and position.
- Valid proofs of identity.
- Professional and personal references with their contact details.
- Your qualities and skills.
- The type of volunteer job you prefer and your reasons for volunteering.
- How you heard about the organization and the volunteering opportunities
- The days and hours you’re available to work.
- Your signature and the date when you wrote the application.
What do you write in a volunteer application?
Those in need see volunteers as magnificent blessings who have an ardent desire to help other people. As a volunteer, you want to maintain harmony in these fast-changing times of information technology and modernization by helping those in need.
When writing down your information on a volunteer application template, you should emphasize your passion to help others. Make sure to include the following information in your form:
- Your name and contact details
Your name takes the first position in the form followed by your contact details.
- Your reasons for volunteering
The beginning of your letter should already express your intent. Explain why you’re interested in a volunteer position and that you’re particularly enthusiastic about the organization. You can briefly mention how the organization is the perfect match for your skills or vice versa.
Make sure that your opening statement attracts the attention of the reader. Honestly choose your most sincere reason for wanting to join. The chances of getting selected can increase when you give a sincere reason.
- Your qualifications
In continuing your application for a volunteer position, make sure to highlight your skills and talents. Remember that many organizations receive countless volunteer applications.
Managing such numbers sometimes becomes a problem. If you can demonstrate that your special skills can transform the organization, it will be more likely that you will get the position.
The needed qualifications that you state in your application mean that you have a certain degree of knowledge for the position. Any experience, especially those that are significantly relevant to the position can create a positive effect on your volunteer profile template.
- An expression of your passion
Before applying for a volunteer job in an organization, it is essential to learn as much as possible about it. You can impress a volunteer coordinator by showing more than just shallow knowledge about the organization and what it does.
If you cannot obtain information first-hand, the next best thing to learn more is by talking to someone who has volunteered in the past. You can sway the decision-maker more if you can show a genuine passion for the organization.
- Emphasize that you’re an excellent match for the job
Before you reach the ending of your application, make one last push by associating your special skills to the organization’s needs. Qualities like a strong work ethic, self-confidence, and valuable skills make you stand out from others. This means that you will tie your knowledge of the organization with the qualities that you offer as a volunteer.
- A formal closing
Although it’s recommended that the closing of your application requesting a volunteer position should be short, it should also be memorable. You can highlight your interest again then add a note of support to the organization’s goals. Even if you were not chosen for the position immediately, your application will get filed for the future when another opportunity becomes available.