A letter of support template from any organization, institution or person, expresses the intent to support a purpose or cause. In general, the letter must describe your involvement with the community or organization while explaining the support will help solve a problem or address a need.
Letter of Support Templates
What should be included in a letter of support?
A letter of support examples discusses ways of providing support, sponsorship, donations, and more with the purpose of encouraging the recipient to get back to you. It can also serve as a document to support someone applying for a job, a loan, and more. When creating a letter of support template, there are a few pieces of information that you must include:
- A professional introduction
To create an effective letter, you need to write an attention-grabbing introduction. This will capture the attention of the reader while encouraging them to continue reading all the way to the end. A good introduction must include details about the person or cause you’re supporting.
- An informative body
It is in this section of the recommendation letter that you will explain why you’re writing the letter in the first place. For instance, if it’s a sample letter of support for individual, you can provide qualifications that make them stand out from the competition.
You can also demonstrate how the individual can integrate well into the company’s working system (if they’re applying for a job). If your support letter is for a grant, then you can talk about your purpose for wanting to get the grant.
- A conclusion to establish a connection
Avoid using generic conclusions in the letter as these might cause the reader to bypass your letter. You want to establish a connection with the reader and you can do this by thinking creatively.
Letter Of Support Examples
How do you write a letter of support?
One of the most important parts of the process of applying for a grant is the creation of a support letter template because the letter demonstrates to the potential funding bodies your credibility as an applicant, your credentials, and your reasons why you deserve the grant.
Moreover, the letter also aims to persuade the funding parties that the cause for which you will use the funding is both noble and beneficial, not just to you but to your community as well.
An effective letter of support template should have a persuasive nature as this significantly increases the chances of acquiring the grant. But as a grant applicant, it’s not required for you to write the letter. It can be your mentor, the principal of your college or any other person who can support you. Here are some tips for writing this letter:
- Start by typing the date at the top-left side of the document.
- Skip one line then type your full name, address, and your job title.
- Skip one line then write the recipient’s full name, address, and job title.
- Skip one line then address the recipient with a proper salutation.
- Skip one line then write the first paragraph. Introduce yourself to let the recipient know who you are or how you’re to the applicant of the grant. Then include a statement about the cause for which you’re requesting financial support.
- The next paragraph indicates your relationship with the grant applicant or your status in the organization.
- Finally, compose a closing paragraph to establish a connection.
- Sign off your letter with your name then affix your signature to it.
How do I write a letter of support for a colleague?
One of your colleagues may ask you to write a letter of support example for a specific purpose. To write this letter for a colleague, you must follow the aforementioned instructions. Also, make sure that your letter of support template includes the following:
- An official format
Most professional organizations use a standard business format although some recruiters provide their own formatting instructions. This, however, is just a test to check whether you’re following instructions or not.
- Your colleague’s achievements
One great way to ensure that the limelight goes towards your colleague is by demonstrating their achievements in a professional letter. If your colleague is a beginner, it’s important to confirm their qualifications first.
Being an industrious, exuberant, and organized person are very desirable traits worth mentioning in your letter. In addition, if your colleague also has previous accomplishments like certificates or accolades, you should emphasize these too. Remind your colleague to attach copies of these achievements to serve as proof.
- Keep your letter brief and simple
It is important that your letter is both kept brief and meaningful at the same time. An effective letter is very concise but still expresses exactly your purported goals are and how your colleague will be an asset to the company they’re applying to.
Affidavit of Support
How do I write a letter of support to a family member?
You can also write a support letter template for a member of your family, especially one who will attend college and other educational programs. Remember that this type of letter is a declaration that you will support a cause or a person.
In this case, you will be the author and you’re willing and able to pay for the college education of one of your family members – like a sibling, a niece or a nephew. Committing to this can help your family member avoid getting into huge debts for their college education.
This means that they will be financially better off after they graduate compared to students who take loans. There are also other reasons why family members may need a letter of support template like if they’re applying for a visa. Here are a few pointers to consider when writing the letter:
- You should follow a formal business letter format. State that you pledge to provide financial support to the applicant.The letter must contain all of the significant details like the applicant’s name, your names as the person giving support, and even the financial support you will provide.
- Since this letter will come from you, not an organization, you need to include your bank statement that proves that you can make the commitment.
- You must also sign the letter to make it official and legally binding.