If you want to do well in all your classes, it would require a lot of effort and hard work. That’s why if you’re a student, you should keep yourself organized in all aspects of your studies.
- 1 Class Schedule Templates
- 2 Some types of class schedule templates
- 3 College Class Schedule
- 4 Create your own class schedule template in Microsoft Excel
- 5 Class Schedule Examples
- 6 Why do you need to make a class schedule template?
- 7 Aside from your class schedule, also set-up a study schedule
- 8 After you’ve made your class schedule template, stick to it!
This would help lessen some of the workload and stress of your classes. Try making a college schedule template to keep track of all your classes. It’s easy to make such a template. You can create one yourself or download one from here.
If you make your own college class schedule template, you can design it any way you want to. You don’t have to follow the “boring” layouts. If you think a following a more creative template will inspire you, go ahead and create one!
This article is all about class schedule templates. It covers all from types to tips for making your own. Read on!
Class Schedule Templates
Some types of class schedule templates
Amidst all the stress and chaos of school, you have a lot of important things to remember and do. So when you can make one part of your life simpler, you should go ahead and do it.
Here’s one excellent way to simplify your life. Make or download your own college class schedule template. Then all you have to do is add your classes, insert it in your binder, and have it ready whenever you need it!
When you do this, you’ll be able to manage your time better. You’ll be a lot more organized and so you’ll have more time for the important things. Of course, college schedule templates aren’t the only type of templates you can create. You don’t even need to be a student to use scheduling templates for your classes.
Alternatively, you can download a template here and use it as a basis for you to design your own template. The available templates are so versatile and you can use them for all your classes.
No matter who you are, you’ll definitely find such a template to be very useful. Here are some types of templates you can create:
- Blank class schedule
- Class activity schedule
- College class exam schedule
- College schedule
- Course class schedule
- Daily schedule
- Elementary class schedule
- Employee training class schedule
- Group fitness class schedule
- Gym class schedule
- High school class schedule
- Infant class schedule
- Kindergarten class schedule
- Lower school class schedule
- Middle school class schedule
- Monthly training schedule
- Personal training class schedule
- Pilates class schedule
- Preschool class schedule
- Semester class schedule
- Student class schedule
- Teacher class schedule
- Weekly college class schedule
- Weekly schedule
- Yoga class schedule
These are some of the most common types of schedule templates people use for their classes. You can make your own. As long as you need something to organize your class schedules, you can use these templates.
College Class Schedule
Create your own class schedule template in Microsoft Excel
As we’ve mentioned, you can download a template from here. But if you want to make your own college schedule templates, it’s actually quite easy to do. Here, we’ll go through some steps in creating a template using Microsoft Excel.
You can use other spreadsheet programs too, the basic steps are the same:
- Launch Microsoft Excel and type your title in the first cell.
- Then select the column of that cell by clicking on the gray box at the top of the sheet.
- Right-click on the selected cells and click on “Format Cells.”
- Go to the “Number” tab then click on “Time.”
- On the “Type,” you can choose which time format you want to use. Make your selection then click OK.
- Start typing your time schedules in the first column (column A). If your classes are at regular intervals, then you just need to type the first 3 times and let your computer do the rest.
- When you’ve entered the first 3 times, select them. Then move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your selection and drag the box down. The computer will then continue the timings at a regular interval automatically.
- On the next column, type “Monday.” Do the same step as you did with the time. But this time drag the cursor sideways so the computer will enter the rest of the days of the week.
- If you want to center your titles, simply select them and click on the center button.
- To create lines on your template, select all of the cells you need. Then right click and click on “Format Cells.” On the “Borders” tab, you can select what kind of borders you want.
- Type all the information you need about your schedule. If you don’t have your whole schedule yet, you can leave some of the cells blank.
- When you’re done typing the information, format your template however you wish.
You can even make your template more readable by color coding your classes. For instance, you can use the same color for break times. To do this, simply select the cell you want to change and click on the “Format Cells” option. Then go to the “Fill” tab and choose a color.
Tips for making your class schedule template
Even if you’re not a student, you can benefit a lot from making a template for your classes. Organizing all your classes will make things a lot easier for you. No matter how busy you are, you can easily remind yourself of what you need to do.
Just take a look at your schedule template and you get an instant reminder.
Making your own college schedule templates can actually be really fun. You can design it however you wish and input any information you want to. Here are some tips for you:
Personalize your template’s design to make it more fun
- When making a template, you can choose the color scheme and style. As you’re choosing, keep in mind your own style and design preferences.
- You can also add some images to templates you download online. You can create your own images, scan photos or choose stock free images online.
- As you’re typing the information on your schedule, you can also change the fonts. You can choose different font styles and colors. When it comes to personalizing, the possibilities are endless!
Download a template or create your own
- We’ve already gone through some steps in making your own template. As we’ve mentioned, you can use any program to create your template. The steps are basically the same.
- If you don’t want to make a template from scratch, you can download one from here. You can use that or modify the design further to make it customized.
- Or you can simply download our template and use it! We put a lot of effort into creating the template to make it useful as a template for a class schedule.
Use borders and grid lines to separate and organize the information
- You should also consider using borders and grid lines. Use them when designing your schedule template. These would help separate the time, subjects, and other information on your template.
- You don’t have to follow the “conventional” schedule templates you see. If you have your own way of organizing information, go ahead and integrate it.
No matter what kind of template you create, it should appeal to your own tastes. Then you become more motivated to use it. This is an excellent first step in getting yourself organized.
From here, you can move on to more challenging tasks. A class schedule template may seem simple. But it’s actually very useful and beneficial.
Class Schedule Examples
Why do you need to make a class schedule template?
The academic success of students depends on a lot of factors. But one important thing is to be able to manage your time well. You can easily do this by creating and using your own high school or college class schedule template.
When you make a template and keep it organized, you’ll be able to manage your time better. No matter what age you are in, time management is always a key.
As you transition from one level of education to another, the tasks become more difficult. It may have been very easy to manage your studies when you were young. But as you grow older, the work increases and so does the stress.
If you don’t keep a class schedule, you might not remember all your classes each day. You might be late for some classes and miss other altogether.
Such actions might affect your grades negatively. This, in turn, might cause you more anxiety and stress. When you use an organized class schedule, you’ll be able to plan your daily activities better.
Aside from your class schedule, also set-up a study schedule
On receiving your class schedule from school, start working on your template. You can transfer the information from the one you receive to your own template. Then you’ll be able to see which classes you have each day.
You’ll also be able to see when you have free time to study and do other tasks every day.
Whether you’re in high school or college, you’ll usually get your whole schedule right away. You’ll receive it by the start of the semester or the school year. Start making your class and study schedules from the beginning.
Then, creating a routine would become so much easier. You can set your priorities and see if you have any free time to do fun activities. Here are some tips to guide you in order to create and follow an effective schedule:
- If you’re working on a blank schedule, write down notes using a pencil. That way, you can erase the information if you change your mind.
- When making a schedule, don’t make it too rigid. You also need to make room for flexibility. There are times when unexpected events occur and you must also be ready to accommodate them.
- Make sure your meals are part of your schedule. You should also balance studying with healthy eating habits. If not, you may risk getting sick which won’t make you productive.
- When it’s time for you to study, do it in a suitable environment. One which doesn’t have too many interruptions or distractions.
- Stick to your schedule as much as you can. The more consistent you are, the faster you’ll be able to establish a working routine.
- When you’ve finished making your schedule templates, place them in visible locations. Hang them up in your room or stick them on the inside of your binder. That way, you’ll have easy access to them when you need a reminder.
After you’ve made your class schedule template, stick to it!
Creating a template is fun and motivating. But that’s only half of the process. You should also make sure to stick to your schedule. It’s quite useless to put in effort creating a schedule only so you can ignore it.
That’s why it’s important to think about your schedule very well. If you create one which is too intense and has very little time for relaxation, it might stress you out.
On the other hand, if your schedule is too laid-back, then you might not be able to do anything productive! Find the right balance between work and recreation when making a schedule. Here are some helpful tips:
- When making a study schedule, don’t make them too long. You can have a 30 minute to 1-hour sessions with 15-minute breaks in between.
- Use your break wisely. Have a quick snack, take a quick walk or just relax and listen to some tunes.
- You can also reward yourself whenever you’re able to stick to your schedule. For instance, if you didn’t break from your schedule in a month, treat yourself to a movie. This will definitely motivate you to keep on following your own schedule.